Wood Warbler

Wood Warbler
Seeswood Pool 2008

Saturday 9 November 2013

1st & 2nd November 2013

With a long weekend off work I'd decided just to hang loose & wait for any news! I had planned on going down to Farmoor Reservoir in Oxon after a msg about a showy Slav Grebe but was just to knackered after my night shift on the Thurs/Fri but late afternoon a txt from John Judge & then Archie alerting me to the news of a "Mega" midlands bird in the form of a Dusky Warbler had me making the short journey up to Marsh Lane! despite failing light managed some very nice views & vowed to go back in the morning with the camera!! Sat arrived & a txt from Arch telling me the bird was still on site had me heading over but with a large noisy crowd present decided to head south for Farmoor! Just over an hour later I was walking the perimeter of F2 & was soon watchin a showy Slav Grebe & managed a few OK shots before heading further around for the Red-necked Grebe which had turned up which showed well but distantly in rather dismal weather! A good few hours but not the best for photography.......





No comments: