Wood Warbler

Wood Warbler
Seeswood Pool 2008

Sunday 9 September 2012

8th September 2012

Been a while since iv'e been out & about due to ongoing problems with nerve problems in my shoulder & back & not being able to drive! so the chance to get out for the day with Tom Perrins & Jules Allen was seized on (Plenty of fluids & painkillers) Destination Lodmoor RSPB, Dorset for the juv Short-billed Dowitcher (only the 2nd for Britain) I didn't need the bird but having been cooped up for the best part of 5 weeks I just had to get out!! The bird showed ok but distant with no pics as I still can't carry the big lens about so resorted to just carrying my Macro set up..... Which worked out well as Gary Thoburn pointed out a Jersey Tiger (moth) a lifer for me on site!! We then headed off to Portland for the Monarch Butterfly (Another lifer all the way from America) Many thanks to Jules (for driving) & Tom (for the entertainment) Few pics below...........







No comments: