Wood Warbler

Wood Warbler
Seeswood Pool 2008

Sunday 5 August 2012

5th August 2012

Decided that I just had to have a go for the Alpine Swift at Beeston Bump,Norfolk today (My all time bogey bird!!!)With good mate Andy Jones getting to mine for 6am we set off!! A steady journey down & we were on site for 9:00 & the bird performed nearly straight away,showing well but a little hard to get pics with the Sigmonster & like a divvy had left me 300 in the car!! But just so happy to finally get this bird on my Brit list after dipping countless birds over the years inc 1 in Warks last Yr!! The last 1 I had in Britain was 1988 at Sandwell Valley which had just been taken into care so not tickable (Although I know a few locals ticked it & have still got it on their lists!!!) Cpl of record shots below





2 comments:

Steve Seal said...

Glad you finally caught up with one mate.

Dave Hutton said...

Been a long time coming mate!! Only 1 Bogie bird left now hopefully Shetland this Autumn!!