Wood Warbler

Wood Warbler
Seeswood Pool 2008

Monday 3 October 2011

October 3rd 2011

The chance of a lifer in the form of Sandhill Crane in Suffolk had me calmly waiting for news this morning & sure enough positive news at 8ish had me packing my gear & making my way east to Suffolk (with negative news coming thru on route just as i hit the A14 i headed back home intent on a days local birding at Draycote however after getting to Rugby news filtered thru that the bird was again showing so another u-turn had me on site for early afternoon a cracking bird but very distant & pics were a waste of time also had a lifer in the form of 2 Willow Emerald Damselflies!! Spent a few hrs on site but the bird stayed distant for all but 1 very lucky photographer!!! Love to know how he got there!! was i jealous!! like heck i was but hey i got the bird!!



No comments: